3.28.2005

Easter in the big city

It was a rather unusual Easter weekend for me. I'm usually back in Midville, GA with 40 or so of my relatives to be overstuffed with an out of hand pot luck. This Easter R and I spent it in the City, my lunch was a couple of cheese slices and salad from Fat Sal's. R made a nice traditional dinner, I guess like everything else..traditions change.

We did catch "Steel Magnolias", it opened on Broadway recently with quite a few well known actresses. It's one of my favorite stories and oddly enough it made me feel closer to home, maybe I need to go get a cut and curl.

The highlight of the weekend was Sunday services. At Marble Collegiate Church it almost looked like a royal wedding. White flowers everywhere. Huge boquets hung from balcony and downstairs was covered in more Easter lilies than I had ever seen. There was a gospel choir who had us praising and clapping and the traditional choir singing parts of Handel's "Messiah" backed up by a small orchestra which really made the hymns quite dramatic. I definately think I got my tythe's worth. It all made me think of one of my favorite hopeful quotes "The universe can dream a bigger dream than you can ever imagine for yourself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home