3.07.2005

Viva Las Vegas


So I begin this blog partly to record life’s wonderful adventures for nostalgic purposes and to learn more from the journey, partly to share my life with friends who are far away and partly to take part in this blog phenomenon.

My approach is going to be like sitting down with a friend with coffee who says, “So what’s new with you?”

And this is how I would respond……….

Outside of work, I feel I’ve been spending most of my weekends out of town. Last weekend I went Las Vegas to celebrate several friends’ birthdays. I should have known it was going to be an interesting weekend when the guys in the back of the plane began getting rowdy…..guys were not there yet!! I got settled into my Parisian hotel room and it was off to meet the gang for drinks at New York, NY. Funny that it takes 5 hours to get there and in 15 minutes I’m in my pseudo home town.

I went to see Celine in concert, it was amazing visual experience, very dream-like where things don’t quite make sense. With such grand sets you really felt like you were in a different theatre for each song. I’m not a huge fan of Celine’s music, but I wanted one of those once in a lifetime experiences, that I got at Caesars.

The next day started in the spa and then on to lunch aboard the Starship Enterprise. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a full episode of StarTrek, but other people in the group were very geared up for it and I’m up for the full Vegas experience. An amusement ride or two later and I’ve got the lingo down…from assimilation to Borg. Who knew this would be such and intergalactic experience? We spent the rest of the day touring around and met up for birthday tapas before dancing.

Sunday was very laid back, more walking around…this place is HUGE and the best was the X-Scream ride at the top of the Stratosphere. Nothing gets your heart beating like going over the side of a building 109 floors up. That’s a lot of air between you and the ground. WOW!

I came back Sunday night, smiling, Vegas wasn’t what I thought it would be. I didn’t get hooked on gambling or binge drinking. It was hard to appreciate half size replicas of some of the world’s greatest monuments, but that’s not what it was about. It was about spending time and making fun memories with friends old and new. I appreciate life’s challenges that are catalyst to strengthen friendship and learn more about myself.

So here’s a start, I’m looking forward to the next time we sit down to share….more about life. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home