3.14.2005

From the desert to the tundra in 7 days….

This weekend we went to visit my partner's family in Northern New York, right now it’s 26 degrees outside, brrrrr. Family such a crucial part of who we are, yet such a different dynamic in adulthood. Siblings are raising children, parents are nearing or in retirement and figuring out just how different you are.

Oh boy, I could think I could live on sweets. My partner's mom and I made a cheesecake..mmmm. I saw it on the Food Network on my way to Vegas last week, thank goodness for JetBlue.

My partner's nephews (6 months, 2 years and 5 years) are adorable, a bit mischievous at times, but in an adorable way. At the moment, one is trying to tie a string around the cat, some creatures are so patient… I aspire to that.

This afternoon is the long road trip back to the City to gear up for another big work week. I work in event planning for a large services corporation. I’m working on a reception at the Lincoln Center & a client event at the UN with Colin Powell. I really enjoy my work and the people I work with. I’ve always enjoyed discovering new places in the City and fun stuff to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home